Armstrong Siddeley motor cars made a range of luxury vehicles from 1919 to 1960. Click the Sphinx image for more details
The castle set high on a rocky outcrop overlooking the North sea, was recognised from the earliest times as a defensive position. With the arrival of the Normans a substantial castle was built, only to suffer the ebb and flow of the ravages of the wars through the following years. Fast forwards to 1894 when the first Lord Armstrong completed the restoration of the castle. The Armstrong family retain ownership to this day. Within the castle, there is The Armstrong and Aviation Artefacts Museum, where happily a few Armstrong Siddeley items, including a 1936 Armstrong Siddeley 14hp car, are on show.