Armstrong Siddeley Lancaster Gallery
The Lancaster saloon, along with the Hurricane drophead coupe, was announced to the public in May 1945. The car had a body of a striking appearance mounted on new chassis, complete with independent front suspension The engine and transmission of the pre-war 16hp saloon were utilised with the Zenith carburettor being replacing a Stromberg.
Delivery of the new Lancaster commenced in 1946 and continued through to 1952. From 1949 onwards the Lancaster became available with the larger 18hp engine.
Click on an image for an expanded view
The spare wheel & tools are housed behind the rear number plate. The bumper bar is lowered once the knurled nuts are loosed at each end. The compartment is opened by the handles on either side of the number plate.
The interior of most Lancasters were trimmed in high quality leather, however, in 1947 some cars were delivered with the rear compartment finished in Bedford cord.
A selection of Armstrong Siddeley Lancaster publicity images from 1948
Red was not a colour offered in 1947, the options were: Black, Navy Blue, Turquoise Blue, Grey, Maroon, Faun.
Some images from the 1947 Lancaster brochure