Armstrong Siddeley 17hp Gallery
The new 17hp model was introduced to the press on September 28th 1934, whilst it was a largely development of the previous 15hp model it had a new overhead valve engine of 2169cc. and was available on either a short or long chassis variant. In keeping with Armstrong Siddeley Motors policy, Wilson Epicycle self-changing type and was independently suspended within the chassis of the
The Newton clutch was introduced at the 1936 Motor Show, this centrifugal device enabled smoother gear changes, especially from first to second.
17hp motor cars with bodies produced by the in-house coach bulider Burlington, the green car is owned by ASHT
A 17hp with a Salmons Tickford open body that operated by inserting and turning a handle in the rear quarter-panel