English Heritage and ASHT at Kenilworth Castle
Sir John Siddeley display at Kenilworth Castle
Sir John Siddeley, 1st Baron Kenilworth, founder of Armstrong Siddeley motors, when raised to the peerage in 1937 bought the castle and with suitable funding transferred it into the care of the Ministry of Works in 1938.
Armstrong Siddeley Heritage in partnership with English Heritage, which now cares for the castle, has gathered a selection of artefacts and ephemera to tell the story of Siddeleys lifelong association with the glamorous worlds of motoring and aviation.
The exhibition brings Siddeley's work back to the castle gatehouse, which famously found itself called into service as his company's drawing office during the Second World War when Armstrong Siddeley's Parkside Works in Coventry were bombed out during the Blitz.
Some of the exhibits on show at Kenilworth
These images show a very small part of the exhibition. Please go to The Kenilworth Castle web site to see details of how to attend this wonderful display.